Monday, June 19, 2017, at 9:00 a.m. in the Commissioner’s Room. Chairman Sandra Y. Rupp called the meeting to order with Commissioners, Mark Davis, David L. Albers, and County Clerk Renee S. Kerr in attendance.
Minutes of the June 12, 2017 meeting were read and approved.
Road and Bridge
Road and Bridge/Landfill Supervisor Ron Johnson and Assistant Supervisor L.D. Ochs filed weekly reports.
Johnson presented a resignation from James Lutters.
Motion: Upon the motion of Rupp, seconded by Albers, the Commission voted unanimously to accept the resignation of James Lutters.
$260.00 was received in tipping fees June 6-10, 2017.
1,070 yards of sand was hauled to roads last week.
Bids for 1,000 gallons of gasoline, 3,000 gallons of dyed diesel and 3,000 gallons of road diesel were reviewed. The bids are as follows: Midland Marketing, $11,845.70; Nusser Fuels, $11,940.00; and AV Energy, $11,970.00.
Motion: Upon the motion of Rupp, seconded by Davis, the Commission voted unanimously to accept the low bid from Midland Marketing.
Road conditions were reviewed.
Machinery maintenance was discussed.
Three Construction Permits were issued to Ron’s Welding and Pipeline Service. Permits are on file at the Road and Bridge Department.
County Attorney Kevin Salzman and the Commission discussed the research he has done on a potential road requested by a landowner who feels they are landlocked. Court activity was discussed. Salzman presented a Resolution for the Commission to review and sign.
Health Department Administrator Shelly Pavlu, RN-BSN presented information regarding a conference for KDADS.
Motion: Upon the motion of Rupp, seconded by Albers the Commission voted unanimously to sign a family planning grant.
Motion: Upon the motion of Rupp, seconded by Albers, the Commission voted unanimously to sign the following Resolution:
RESOLUTION NO. 2017-13
A RESOLUTION DIRECTING LESSORS TO RECORD WRITTEN LEASE AGREEMENTS WITH THE REGISTER OF DEEDS OF NESS COUNTY
WHEREAS, K.S.A. 58-2221(d) holds that “every instrument in writing … whereby any real estate may be affected, proved or acknowledged, and certified in the manner hereinbefore prescribed, may be recorded in the office of register of deeds of the county in which such real estate is situated;” and
WHEREAS, the Board of County Commissioners of Ness County, Kansas, finds that the proper recordation of written lease instruments is helpful, beneficial, and valuable to the County as it fulfills its legal obligations, including those set forth in K.S.A. 79-412 regarding the appraisal of buildings and improvements upon real estate.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the Board of County Commissioners directs that owners of real property located within the limits of Ness County, Kansas who enter into written lease agreements affecting any real property within the limits of Ness County, Kansas, shall cause a true and accurate copy of said written lease agreement to be filed with the Ness County Register of Deeds within thirty (30) days of the execution of said written agreement.
ADOPTED BY THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OF NESS COUNTY, KANSAS ON THIS 19th DAY OF JUNE, 2017.
Accounts Payable checks and vouchers were reviewed and signed.
Daily Statements for the first half of June were reviewed and signed.
The following Resolution was reviewed and signed.
RESOLUTION No. 2017-14
OF NESS COUNTY, STATE OF KANSAS
WHEREAS, the undersigned Municipality, has authority under the Kansas Municipal Group Funded Pool Act, K.S.A. 12-2616, et seq., as amended, to participate in and form a municipal self insurance pool for the insurance coverage for certain liabilities; and
WHEREAS, the Municipality has reviewed an agreement to cooperate with other Municipalities to form such a self-insurance pool entitled "Bylaws and Interlocal Cooperation Agreement for the Kansas County Association Multiline Pool" ("KCAMP")
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE MUNICIPALITY, THAT:
1. The Third Amended and Restated Bylaws and Interlocal Cooperation Agreement for the Kansas County Association Multiline Pool ("the Agreement"), a copy of which document is attached hereto and incorporated by reference into this Resolution, is hereby approved.
2. The undersigned is hereby authorized and directed to sign the Agreement on behalf of the Municipality.
3. Neither this Resolution nor the Agreement approved hereby is intended to nor does it waive, nor shall it be construed as waiving, any immunity or limitation on liability provided to the Municipality, its officers or employees, by any law, including but not limited to any such immunity or limitation appearing in the Kansas Tort Claims Act or amendments thereto. Furthermore, neither this Resolution nor the Agreement is intended to, nor does it provide for coverage in excess of the limitation on liability within the Kansas Workers Compensation Act, K.S.A. 44-501, et seq., as amended.
4. The Municipality further understands, and by execution of this Resolution and the Agreement agrees, that the individual members of KCAMP may be subject to the payment of additional contributions approved by the Members at a special or annual membership meeting, duly called and noticed and at which a quorum is present.
5. One copy of the signed Agreement shall be mailed to the Administrator of KCAMP along with a copy of this executed Resolution; one copy of the executed Agreement shall be filed with the County Register of Deeds for the County in which the Municipality is located; and one copy of the executed Agreement shall be filed with the Kansas Secretary of State.
The foregoing Resolution was duly adopted by a majority vote of the governing body of the
Municipality in the State of Kansas, on this 19th day of June 2017.
The meeting adjourned at 12:47 p.m.